This chickpea & tomato soup is a low-cost recipe that can be eaten for a nice lunch meal or an easy dinner. The ingredients are easily interchangeable to suit your personal preferences, therefore, feel free to change it as much as you want/need. This recipe should give you an idea of how to make a tasty and vegan chickpea & tomato soup.
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 2 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 200g tin chickpeas
- 5 to 6 whole tomatoes, peeled
- 200ml vegetable stock
- freshly ground sea salt and black pepper
- Heat the olive oil and the garlic gently in a medium saucepan over a medium heat until the garlic is soft and just starting to brown. Drain the chickpeas and stir in along with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the tomatoes and vegetable stock. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat until the soup is just simmering.
- Cook the soup for 15 minutes
- Check the seasoning, and serve finished with a generous drizzle of olive oil.
Macros (per serving)
Fat: ~13g (of which ~2g saturates)